Essence Liquid Lipsticks Collection

Hello Lovelies, Welcome!

For years I have been a big fan of liquid lipstick but as a lot of you may know it is hard to find the perfect one whether it has to tick the boxes of:

- High in pigment
- Staying put after eating a delicious lunch instead of it transferring to your chin ( not a good luck I must say) 
- Not making your lip like sand paper after just a few hours.

To this day I am still on the hunt for the perfect liquid lipstick and I thought I'd share with you one of my favourite brands that I always gravitate towards.



Disclaimer: All products were purchased with my own money.
Essence Colour Boost Matte & Vinyl Liquid Lipsticks


The essence colour boost range really surprised me, I spent months contemplating spending my money to see if maybe these liquid lipsticks would not disappoint; and let me tell you they really didn't disappoint.

I will be reviewing these product through different test of longevity, application, how it feels and price point.




Application
-The Vinyl effect lipsticks glided on beautifully with a real punch of colour. for a more vivid true colour it can be layered up without the really glossy, sticky feel.

-The matte effect lipsticks have so much pigment from one application which may be due to the formula difference.

The colours of both versions are very true to what you see on the packaging.


Longevity
All products were tested for the same amount of time as my work shifts which is 4 hours. I have a job where I do talk a lot so I did notice that after 2 hours I did get a white line around the inside of my lips.

-The vinyl lipsticks slowly became more lipstick like after a few hours instead of a high gloss shine. I will however say that it does transfer when you drink from a water bottle and had to be reapplied after eating.

-The matte lipsticks only faded very slightly on my inner lip when I ate my lunch and didn't transfer at all. I didn't have to reapply for the majority of the day.



How it feels after 4 hours
-The vinyl lipstick started to make my lips flake and didn't look so smooth and glossy, I did try to reapply after eating but moved the dried product around which made my lips look so flaky.

-The matte lipstick was still going very strong by the end but I did have to apply a balm over the top as my lips felt like they had hardly any moisture left.

Disclaimer: All lip products work differently for everyone, I have a hard time getting my lips to stay smooth even with tonnes of lip balms and lip scrubbing.

Price
This is my favourite part, they only cost £2.30. I got mine from Wilko in the UK but you can buy them in the US, across Europe and Australia. For that price it is definitely worth it. this proves that you don't need to break the bank for a good product (who doesn't love a bargain eh! )



Overall I have and will always go back to these products time and time again. They are just so easy to apply and stay on for the time I need them to. I have learnt that I do need to put a lip balm underneath both or wear a lip primer to stop my lips from drying out so much or maybe just turn down the air conditioner at work and talk less.

That's a wrap on this post for today, not too bad for my first post!

Stay Positive, Stay Beautiful
Ash x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The truth about lockdown and my mental health

Essence Lash Princess Mascara Review